At the L Makeup Institute, we are always receptive to suggestions and ideas from our students. Should our students wish to share ideas, insight or constructive comments we recommend that they bring their thoughts to any staff member, educator, or administrator. If the student wishes to file a complaint, the L Makeup Institute will make every attempt to resolve any student complaint that is not frivolous or without merit in compliance with L Makeup Institute’s Complaint Procedures below. Students must exhaust the institution’s internal complaint process before submitting their complaint to the State Agency or Accreditor. If, as a student, you were not provided with this information, please inform school management.
All State and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) complaint procedures are posted in the Student Lounge, on the website, and in the Student Policy Handbook.
All complaint forms are available through the Admissions office.
Evidence of final resolution of all written complaints will be retained in school files in order to determine the frequency, nature, and patterns of complaints for the institution. The following procedure outlines the specific steps of the complaint process.
- The student is required to register their complaint in writing on the designated form provided by the institution within 30 days of the date that the act which is the subject of the grievance occurred.
- The complaint form will be given to the Education Director.
- The complaint will be reviewed by the Education Director and a response will be sent in writing to the student within 30 days of receiving the complaint with one of three outcomes:
- The initial response may not provide for final resolution of the problem, but will notify the student of continued investigation and/or actions being taken regarding the complaint.
- If final resolution is provided to the student and the student disagrees with the decision or if the student is not able to file a complaint with the school, the student may file a complaint with the applicable state agency or accreditor:
This school has a Certificate of Approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). The TWC-assigned school number is: S.5647. The school’s programs are approved by TWC. Information on filing a complaint with TWC can be found on TWC’s website at www.texasworkforce.org/careerschoolstudents.
This school is Licensed by the Commission on Postsecondary Education. Information and complaint forms, is available at www.cpe.state.nv.us.
L Makeup Institute is Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For further information on ACCSC’s procedures for handling complaints and complaint for, please visit the Commission’s website at www.accsc.org.
- If the complaint is of such nature that it cannot be resolved by the school, the school will refer it to an appropriate agency, if applicable.
- Depending on the extent and nature of the complaint, interviews with appropriate staff, faculty and other students may be necessary to reach a final resolution of the complaint.
- In cases of extreme conflict, it may be necessary to conduct an informal hearing regarding the complaint. If necessary, management will appoint a hearing committee consisting of one member selected by the school who has had no involvement in the dispute and who may also be a corporate officer, another member who may not be related to the student filing the complaint or another student in the school, and another member who may not be employed by the school or related to the school owners. The hearing will occur within 60 days of committee appointment. The hearing will be informal with the student presenting his/her case followed by the school’s response. The hearing committee will be allowed to ask questions of all involved parties. Within 15 days of the hearing, the committee will prepare a report summarizing each witness’ testimony and a recommended resolution for the dispute. School management shall consider the report and either accept, reject, or modify the recommendations of the committee.