Mastering beauty makeup is necessary for any makeup artist regardless of what makeup artistry or special makeup effects industry you choose to specialize. This 520-hour makeup class (course) is the foundation of our makeup school programs and is an in-depth study of the skills and attention to detail required for beauty makeup. We start by going over supplies, tools and their uses, the appropriate sanitation, personal hygiene for a makeup artist, industry terms and vocabulary words, how to identify different face and eye shapes, and the understanding of color theory as it relates to makeup artistry.
Once you have mastered the essentials of makeup artistry, you are ready to move on to learn techniques demonstrated through live, interactive presentations. Students will practice techniques and special formulas to achieve and create different styles of eye shadow looks ranging from natural to avant-garde, facial highlighting and contouring, color correction, complexion matching, editorial makeup, lipstick and liner application, proper eyebrow placement and fill-in techniques, false eyelash application, and the proper use of powder and cheek color.
Students also learn the mechanical aspects and use of airbrush equipment related to beauty to advance their skills and knowledge. When completed, students will have a solid understanding of the tools and materials required to be versatile in combining traditional makeup with the use of airbrush applications.
Lastly, students will learn how to start and manage their careers. Students will be given conceptual direction to create and implement makeup designs and looks that clearly compliment the appropriate concepts. Students will apply makeup on models for a series of photo shoots designed to simulate actual working environments. Photo shoots will be captured digitally in our photo studio for the student to use in his or her portfolio. Student will be provided all raw images throughout their program of study to use for their personal and portfolio use.
What you learn in the Mastering the Art of Beauty Course:
- Product and kit knowledge.
- Sanitation and infections, color theory, anatomy of the face, skin care, tools and their uses, face charts.
- Color matching and different skin tones, identifying skin undertones, color correction, highlight and contouring, lips, cheeks and eyeliner application, client consultations.
- Principles of layering, creating gradation, crease placement, blending techniques, working with neutral tones, working with darker tones, LMI key looks, working with different pigments, false eyelash application.
- Bridal makeup, mature makeup, women of color, HD & film makeup, teen makeup, natural makeup, evolution of makeup and time periods, tattoo cover.
- Dynamic eye makeup, editorial makeup, avant-garde, fantasy makeup, drag makeup, trend makeup, applying rhinestone and appliques, cuts and bruises, old age.
- Airbrush Beauty – operating equipment, distance exercises, incorporating traditional makeup with airbrush makeup.
- Job Education – Shaping your professional image, creating your portfolio, personal image and attitude, your brand, marketing yourself, career options, earning potential, creating your resume, student job portal.
- Practice and review of all key looks, speed training.
- Working behind the camera in a studio environment, learn how makeup translates on film, how to pose your model and give direction.