Hairstyling for the makeup artist is offered by our makeup school because it is an essential skill needed to compliment the beauty or special makeup effects artist on film, photo shoots, runway, stage and print. This 130-hour makeup class (course) focuses on the fundamentals of hairstyling to enhance your industry knowledge and compliment your on-set makeup artistry looks and special makeup effects pieces. This course takes you from simple, yet professional blow-drying techniques all the way through creative up-dos, bridal hair styles, and photo shoot styling. Students will learn how to properly use blow-dryers, curling irons, and smoothing irons to achieve many styles. The students will be taught a wide range of styles from a structured look (such as French twist’s and chignons) to more creative and free-flowing styles (like braided and whimsical up-dos, Hollywood finger waves, and modern bridal styling). Throughout this course students will participate in daily hands on projects including working weekly with live models. The L Makeup Institute encourages learning by practice through hands-on repetition to help students become efficient and skillful in all aspects of hairstyling. In addition, students will also be taught business best-practices, pricing, and speed to properly accommodate future clients. At the end of the course students will have their final hair and makeup and hair look photographed to further build upon their portfolio. **This Course is not approved by the State Board of Cosmetology and does not lead to licensure.
What you learn in the Hair Styling for the Makeup Artist Course:
- Kit overview, client consultation, etiquette, sanitation, hair products and tools.
- Working with different hair textures, blow-drying techniques, creating volume using hot tools, curling styles, waving techniques, male grooming.
- How to create up-do’s, pin curls, braiding, buns, ponytails, French twist, and a chignon.
- How to transform your client using clip in hair additions, how to style, curl and treat hair pieces. How to create volume and work with various hair lengths.
- Photo Shoot – Learn how to capture a portfolio worthy image using the techniques and skills learned.