Airbrush & Body Painting Course – 195 Clock Hours / 6 weeks
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced beauty airbrush artist, this comprehensive 195-hour makeup school course will elevate your airbrush and body painting skills to the next level. We start looking at the human body as an art form and by combining airbrush with body painting techniques your ideas will come to life. Students will be instructed in a versatile array of airbrush applications including body painting, realistic clothing creation, advanced freehand techniques, stenciling and creating various prints, face painting and floral designs. You will then hone your skills through various airbrush, body painting and sketching exercises, taught and demonstrated by your instructor through live interactive presentations. From there, students will be given conceptual direction to create and implement their character creations for their final design on a human canvas. At the end of the course you will have your final look photographed to further build upon your portfolio.
What you learn in the Airbrush & Body Painting Course:
- Kit and product overview, consultation, etiquette, sanitation, products, and tools.
- Fundamental Airbrush Techniques – Equipment operation, distance exercises, drop shadow, free hand strokes, brush techniques, using stencils, highlighting, shading.
- Advanced Airbrush Techniques – Anatomy, freehand techniques, masking a mannequin, creating realistic clothing, extended color theory, advanced base coat, scales, design, execution.
- Character Creation Techniques – Texture, veining, animal prints, clouds, floral prints, free hand, art of face painting.
- Job education.
- Costume Creation – Sketching, propping and styling your model, hairpiece creation, bald cap application, textured hair application.
- Photo Shoot – Learn how to capture a portfolio worthy image using the techniques and skills learned.