Community is at the heart of what L Makeup Institute stands for so we had to take a moment and reach out as the impact of novel Coronavirus is affecting us as a whole.
The health and safety of our students remain our top priority in light of the evolving situation revolving COVID-19. We want to take the time to encourage our community, let you know that we are being proactive about keeping our campuses safe and respond to the facts and not fear.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 or Novel Coronavirus comes from a family of respiratory viruses that causes mild illness (i.e. a cold) to a more serious illness like pneumonia. Some of the symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath. The disease is spread through droplets that contain the virus. As of today, there is no cure or vaccine, but most cases are mild with recovery.
What Are We Doing To Protect Our Campus?
We have taken additional steps in conjunction with our Landlord and Janitorial Service to increase the frequency of cleaning for all interior and exterior spaces.
- Increase in frequency of sterilization procedures using CDC-recommended, hospital-grade products, with an amplified focus on all high-volume touch points such as restrooms, escalators, elevators, entrance doors, handrails, etc.
- Installation of additional and maintenance of existing alcohol-based hand sanitizer dispensers and disinfectant wipes in highly trafficked areas and walkways for public use.
- We are thoroughly cleaning the restrooms and removing all trash.
- We are dusting and wet mopping our campuses.
- We also encourage all individuals to follow the CDC recommendations in practicing healthy habits
Our curriculum teaches students to practice good hygiene as part of their daily routine. Here are some precautionary measures you can take to keep yourself healthy.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds regularly. Use 70% alcohol-based sanitizer when soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth when your hands aren’t washed.
- Sterilize all makeup brushes between use.
- Make sure to use your elbow sleeve or tissue to block sneezes and coughs, not your hands and immediately dispose of the used tissue.
- Refrain from hugging, kissing, sharing utensils and cups with people that are sick.
- Clean and disinfect high traffic surfaces such as doorknobs- especially if someone is sick
While our custodial staff is responsible for disinfecting and are trained to use disinfectants in a safe and effective manner, all of L Makeup’s staff remains informed and are participating in the practices to keep our students and staff at L Makeup Institute safe.
In addition to the procedures and practices shared, all LMI departments are required to sanitize all hard surfaces on a daily basis. Anyone that is sick is asked to stay home. We will also on a case by case basis, consider granting a leave of absence. If a temporary illness occurs, we are willing to grant excused absences including offering students the opportunity to make up hours and tutoring at no cost.